Ok, so my B-day is approaching…at a creeping crawly rate, it’s not so much the date as the aching pain in my knees as I joyfully bound up the stairs…and down the stairs…and up the stairs that reminds me that thirty is around the bend. I’m on this side of the 5, which is official “round up” territory according to elementary mathematics. Anyway, as my birthday approaches I’m beginning to think of all the things I want to accomplish in my life… by the time the big three oh makes it here.
Let’s role with a list (and this may be fever induced, since I am sitting here sick…which is probably the only reason I am able to update the Madness).
1. Finish learning how to juggle
2. Learn how to contact juggle
3. Learn to walk on stilts
4. Write a book (and not one of those crappy ass memoirs that has to go through a subsidy pub to hit the streets, a non-fiction reference book on a subject flowing through my brain)
5. Learn aerial silks…and build the flexibility and strength to actually perform it without breaking my neck
6. Learn to clown
7. Start a sustainable farm/artist colony
8. Play the viola again
9. Learn to play the guitar
10. Get my Master Gardener Certification
11. Become an Anima Apprentice or at least gain the knowledge you would have at the end of training (minus the exuberant cost)
12. Learn to use my airbrush that has been sitting silently for three years, preferably on body art.
13. Explore my exhibitionist tendencies, savor my voyeuristic ones.
14. Meet Anthony Bordain and not hump his leg…I mean, compare notes.
15. Buy really expensive costumes for the hell of it, maybe learn some burlesque.
16. Become a bigger internet celeb than I already am!!! P.S. We were just featured on Capessa, I will link to it in another article, rock!
17. Finally figure out a way to combine my installation and performance artwork ideas and make some bank.
18. Try that really smelly fruit that they always make the poor travel channel hosts eat on their shows, what the hell is it’s name again?
19. Totes become a locavore (yay! Oysters!)
20. Take a physics class (and pass, hopefully)
21. Take the mensa test, just out of curiosity…not that my idea of fun involves sitting around playing scrabble and comparing metal abilities in phallic-esque Olympic pursuits.
So that is my list, things I want to accomplish in my next four years. In essence, less corpro-addict, more art. Fingers crossed.