So today is, as my Father-In-law likes to remind everyone, “his brother Mark’s birthday”. My FIL is a twin, so that makes it his birthday, too! Today also happens to be the day I am touching up scans of the family photos for GiGi with the Bear’s Christmas Quilt. So, in honor of the day I share with you some of my favorites…in all their Steven-King’s-The-Shining-esque” Glory…(joking but sometimes twins remind me of the hallway scene. And then there’s the image above and I get even more frightened)
Back when we use to give our kids everything AND the kitchen sink to show them we love them…instead of feeding neurotic consumer behavior and buying them plastic junk coated in lead. Sink Bathes say “I love you! Both of you. If I could remember which is which.”
See the little “D” and the little “M” on the pictures? That’s how they did it…they drew it on their diaper butts, too…or at least that’s what I would have done. Or I would have just given them the same name. It’s called risk management, no identity crisis here.
Juniata is stalking me. They want alumni donations…
This is amazing, if you don’t know me, because I never legally changed my name to my new “married-ish” name. In fact, I never really got married, just married-ish. We are abstaining from such jibberish until it is legal for all (and we are in negotiation right now if the California ruling has made it “legal for all” which it might). Until then it’s just a transfer of property and whatev, my husband-ish tells me my dowry wasn’t big enough. Joking, we had a beautiful soul binding down in Key West on October 14, 2006…that and the whole “happy family” thing has us pretty well chained together for ETERNITY! I didn’t wear white…
yeah, we look young…and dirty. dirty hippies in the keys. look out.
more cat pictures
S Brain: I have to do this…and this…and this…and this…GET UP!
S Body: Oh, how adorable! You really are to cute. I DON’T THINK SO!
I was out for the count yesterday. Driving back from a lunch meeting…2 hours away in Stuart made me think the “OMG, I’m dying” pain was from the drive…and then the icky “OMG, I’m Dying and I CAN’T SLEEP” thing started. Then the “OMG, I’m dying, I can’t sleep and someone poured a bucket of water over the entire bed” thing started. I am semi functioning today and trying to dig myself out of the day off. Not working.
…or “Aunt Marcia’s Zoo”
Chinese Crested Dog (one of three)
Today we went to Miami to visit family for Gigi With The Bear’s Birthday. David fell out of a tree.
This is the true story of the Chocolate Cake Incident. The names have not been changed to protect the innocent…we are not innocent.
- Amy Butler In Stitches Vintage Sheet Pants EVERYWHERE! (and here)(here)(here)(and don’t forget here)I would like a pair of these, really I would. They look so comfy, but I don’t have the time. I have 12 curtains and 4 quilts to finish before Christmas, preferably sooner. I could always buy them here.
- Freezer Jam. It’s strawberry season everywhere….but here. And so everyone is out at the Pick-your-own fields stocking their freezers and jammin’ in the kitchen. My kitchen is filled with the sounds… of crickets. No Strawberry Freezer Jam for you!
- Dooce @ Blogher… Dooce is talking about it (but only like “oh yeah, i was asked to speak at blogher, yawn, then I broke a nail and the dog dumped on the floor). Bossy is talking about it. Even this chick is talking about it. My goal next year is to get dooce to sign my chest. MOMMY BLOG GROUPIE! Wonder if I can drive there in a VW van. Sweet! OMG! It’s DOOOOOOOOCCCCEEEE! CAN I HAVE YOUR BABY?!?!?!?
- Renegade Craft Fair… Blog reading was so boring during the weeks following the renegade craft fair. It was like “look how cool we are to have this in our area…we walked here bringing our hip grocery carts in tow, right after we stopped at the neighborhood Whole Foods. What were you doing? Dodging old people in the street? Oh, on the sidewalk? LAME. Whatev.”
So everything cool happens in San Francisco, but you know what? I DON’T LIVE in SF. I live NEAR Miami, and this week we are going to Miami and I’m going to have Mojitos. AND MOJITOS…are so much cooler than hipsters. So whatever. SF has what? Fair Trade organic coffee? LAME. WE HAVE MOJITOS! WOHOOO!
So WHAT AM I blogging about?
My pee test. Yep. I got a pee test. They had to see what kind of goodies I’ve been pumping into my body. No weed? Good. But what is this? I think your caffeine intake is pushing “abuse”.
We got presents! The girls got matching vintage pillow case dresses from Grandma P, Webkins and a “I have SOL” outfit from Grandma L and Mimi brought mommy a fresh georgia peach this morning when she came to watch the girls for my out and abouts. Got that…FRESH GA PEACH. From like 70 miles away. Beat that with your freezer jam. YOU CAN’T! Oh no, you can’t!
I’m in the middle of reading this “Bossy has a little preexisting medical condition she likes to call, I Will Never Remember Your Name Or What You Are Saying Because I Am Too Busy Looking At Your Cute Shoes.” when David breaks the dead silence with…
D: I sneezed weird in class. Like a little girly sneeze…a squeak. And everyone laughed at me.
Quit interrupting bossy.
Normal McNormal: 10,000/20= 500 gallons @$5 (est.) = $2,500 * 10 years = $25,000
Shiny McHybrid: 10,000/40 = 250 gallons @ $5 (est.) = $1250 * 10 years = $12,500
- Normal McNormal costs $10,000 and uses $25,000 in gasoline = $35,000
- Shiny McHybrid costs $30,000 and uses $12,500 = $42,500
Why is this not working out? Let’s say gas prices go higher than $5, the scales may even out a bit more, true…but will I still be able to afford to drive anyway…prolly not.
Other notes: Normal McNormal (or Normal McYawn) actually gets higher gas mileage than 20 mpg city and Shiny McHybrind doesn’t include the extra money for special parts and the technician who knows what they hell they are doing with …MyHybrid. I don’t know. I hate cars. Why can’t we just have a trolley?